Happy Friday everyone! I don't know about you but this past week went fast. It feels like I was just out in Canmore (see beautiful nature pics below - and I'm not referring to my photographs being beautiful, I'm referring to the nature itself... so much easier to capture than food, nature is gorgeous as is, without any worries about composition and styling and all of that fun stuff). Lucky for me I get to go back out again this weekend. Canmore is basically my second home and there is no place else I would rather be. I need my mountains! Almost as much as I need food, cooking and baking. Check out some of my favourite links from the past week!
- I recently joined a new blogging initiative, The Canadian Food Experience Project. Basically each month has a different theme and everyone shares their recipes. Can't wait to get started!
- For the topic "My Canadian Food Hero" I am going to make this pumpkin sticky toffee pudding from Lynn Crawford. Happy birthday to me! Did I mention that my birthday is on Sunday and this sticky toffee pudding also happens to be what I am making for dessert? Ya well, it's my birthday on Sunday and I'm making sticky toffee pudding for dessert. No fancy cake like last year but I am perfectly ok with that.
- If you need a good laugh, read these reasons parents shouldn't text. My mother alone has committed at least 25 of them. She doesn't seem to understand that talking to Siri will not create a comprehendible message.
- Speaking of my mom, I really can't complain because last year she started the greatest birthday tradition EVER! It's like the 12 days of Christmas except it's the 5 days of chocolate. The first one was a hit, the Heidi Chocolate Black Salt bar. Let's just say it has set the "bar" high for the rest of them.
- As part of working to upgrade my blog, I've been trying to focus my efforts on the photography aspect. It's getting better but it's definitely a learning process. I found this tutorial on Sally's Baking Addiction quite helpful. It's also comforting to know that you don't have to be a professional photographer in order to take amazing pictures. Fingers crossed I get there!
- Mac n' cheese stuffed into a portabello mushrooms? Who thinks of such insanity?? Jessica at How Sweet It Is, that's who. She should win a Nobel Prize as far as I am concerned.
- Another one of my favourite blogs lately is Ambitious Kitchen. I'm especially curious about this recipe for chickpea blondies. I've made black bean brownies before so this kind of feels like their blond cousin or something. Anyways, I've got to try it.
Have a superb weekend amigos!