Okay we have to be quick today ladies and gents. 3 midterms in the next 24 hours so I better get to some last minute studying! Of course it’s crucial to have some energy bites (ie. cookies) to keep us going through these times of stress and anxiety. Actually there’s not too much stress and anxiety for me right now and the fact that it is absent is almost causing me stress and anxiety in and of itself!
Thankfully we’ve got some soothing vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to get us through it all! I think I’m just going to eat these and crank up some Andrea Bocelli while I study and it will make for complete relaxation. Opera and cookies, I’m starting a trend with this people. You just wait and see, it’s going to catch on as the next big thing in relaxation techniques!
Ok but seriously now, I have to go. Peace, love and happiness friends! Oh and we can’t forget vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!!!
**An update as of October 10th – I survived. I wrote 3 tests, handed in 3 papers and even managed to blog yesterday, woot!
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup oats
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1. Heat your oven to 350F.
2. Beat together the melted coconut oil, brown sugar and maple syrup.
3. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin puree, beating until smooth.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients until fully incorporated. It will be thick so make sure that all of the flour is completely mixed in.
5. Portion the cookies using a mini scoop, 12 per parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes.
6. Cool and enjoy. The cookies keep well in an airtight container for 3-4 days and can be frozen if you need some treats for later!