Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 25-30 small cookies
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp. Nutella
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat your oven to 350F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, egg, applesauce and Nutella until smooth.
3. Add the flour, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Stir until the dough comes together. There should be no pockets of flour remaining.
4. Using a cookie scoop, portion the dough onto the cookie sheets (about 12-15 per each).
5. Bake at 350F for 9-10 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
To make these cookies vegan, simply replace the egg in the recipe with 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp. water, let stand 15 minutes). Instead of Nutella, use peanut butter or any other nut butter of your choice.