The other day Angela at Life in Velvet nominated me for a Liebster Award so I figured I would carry it forward. Why not? It’s that time of year!
If you have been nominated, here’s what to do next:
1. Read my answers to the (10) questions selected by the blogger who nominated me.
2. Find (10) bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate for the award (not sure I really followed this criteria but what the heck).
3. Write a post on your blog featuring the Liebster Award.
4. After you have written your post, comment on each nominee’s blog informing them of the nomination.
Here are my answers to Angela’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
To be completely honest, I did it out of a combination of boredom and loneliness. I had just settled into my dorm room in my first year of college, my family had left to go home and I had yet to meet anyone. I had been thinking about starting a food blog for a while so it seemed like the perfect time!
2. Most loved city and why:
Paris, hands down. It has everything; food, culture, history. I only spent a couple of days there but I would love to go back and explore.
3. Favorite thing in your house:
That’s a hard one. As a food blogger I feel as though it is a cop-out to say my Kitchenaid. So probably my Bamix immersion blender. It can blend anything!
4. Worst habit:
Chewing gum/sucking on candy. I always have something in my mouth.
5. If you could only take one candy to a deserted island, what would it be?
Werther’s. The chewy caramel kind. Nope, scratch that; Riesens!
6. What is your favorite post you have written (please link)?
Another difficult question. The pieces I am most proud of are the ones that are more about the writing than they are the recipes. Like this piece on why I dropped out of culinary school. I’m not sure how many people actually read the whole thing but it’s intellectual and evocative (or at least I think so).
7. What is one interest or hobby you have that is completely different from blogging?
I love running. If I don’t get out at least 3 times a week I feel lazy and lethargic. It is a way for me to clear my mind.
8. Who influences you the most?
Realistically, my family. I always hear my parents voices in the back of my head and often find myself doing something and thinking “that is exactly what my dad would have said/done.” It’s terrifying. Thomas Keller is also a huge influence. He embodies everything that I strive for. There is one word to describe him; finesse.
9. Describe yourself in three words:
Driven. Curious. A perfectionist.
10. Favorite holiday:
Christmas. And it’s less than 1 month away!
Here are my nominees:
Because I Like Chocolate nominee questions:
1. What relatively famous or well-known blogger do you look to for inspiration?
2. What would your last meal be and why?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What is your favourite type of chocolate?
5. Sweet or salty?
6. What is the craziest thing you have checked off your bucket list to date?
7. What is your favourite restaurant and why?
8. What do you have planned to be on your Christmas dinner menu this year?
9. What is your favourite trashy TV show?
10. If you could eat dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Thanks again to Angela for nominating Because I Like Chocolate!!!