Bonjour! Hola! I hope everyone had a good week. Mine was busy, which means that I neglected blogging if you hadn’t noticed. It also means that I failed to draft something up to post today and am now running around like a chicken with my head cut off to throw something together to share with you that is actually worth your time. Too many things on my plate? Maybe but such is life.
Last night I attended a fun event in Inglewood called the Food Lovers Urban Market. I mentioned it before in my piece about Mealshare, as it was one of the upcoming events in support of the great charity. There were a bunch of local vendors selling food and drinks, as well as beautiful artwork being auctioned off. I figured I would share come of my favourite finds with you now, along with others I have come across on the Interwebs as of late. Pitter patter let’s get atter:
– Fiasco has been making dark chocolate sea salt caramel gelato for awhile now but I finally got around to trying it. Apparently I was so excited that I could not even take a stable picture, hence the blur. Holy man why did I deprive myself of that stuff for so long?
– I had no idea that fiddleheads were still around; I thought the season for them had come and gone. Apparently they are though as Fifth Element concocted a delicious pickled fiddlehead and mushroom salad with a truffle vinaigrette. Loved, loved, loved. I know where to buy truffle salt next time I need it, that’s for sure (along with every other truffle-based product known to mankind).
– Cupcakes have had their day in the sun and macarons have received far more attention than one could ever imagine, but no one has dedicated themselves to the humble brownie. Until now. A company called Broune makes flavours from peanut butter, to cherry coconut, to the one I tried last night with pecans and beer! Wicked!
– It’s 2014 and Calgary has its fair share of food trucks but one more doesn’t hurt, right? Taiko Taco takes tacos to the next level, swapping out tortillas for folded Asian steam buns. Try the Szechwan eggplant if you see them around town!
– Nancy over at Gotta Get Baked recently had her 2nd blogiversary and smashed a cake. It looked like great fun frankly. She is also hilariously funny to read as she tells it how it is and is never afraid to speak her mind to the fullest. I feel as though we are virtually best friends even though we have never met in person. Interesting how blogging can help you establish connections like that. And stay tuned as there just might be some guest posts from you know who in the future!
– Remove the mint from these babies from This Rawsome Vegan Life and I am all over them. ALL over them!
– Not only does the recipe sound scrumptious, I love what Wallflour Girl had to say about her relationship with food in this post. It’s not easy to open yourself up like that.
– Let’s add chocolate to these pb and j bars and call it a day. Peace.