I will be the first to admit, when I eat chocolate anything, I usually go straight for whatever dark chocolate bar I can get my hands on, preferably one with lots of salt. However, after trying Marich premium chocolates, I have had to alter my views on all that is chocolate-covered. These are not the cheap, chocolate covered almonds you purchase for fundraisers at the grocery store, and frankly almonds are just one of the ingredients that Marich enrobes in their various chocolate coatings. It may be cliché but Marich has taken the art of coating things in chocolate to a whole new level.
The best part about Marich premium chocolates is that many varieties are coated in multiple layers of chocolate. The blueberries have a layer of both white and dark chocolate, as do the strawberries. Then you have unique spice blends like chipotle almonds and curry cashews. And the caramels, one must not forget the caramels. Offered in both chewy (sea salt caramels) and crunchy (triple chocolate toffee) varieties, they are a dangerously addictive snack all on their own, although it doesn’t hurt to stir them into your favourite sweet recipes either.
In this case, we will add a healthy amount of both triple chocolate toffee and chipotle almonds to no-bake chocolate granola bars, leaving just enough out of the recipe to munch on for later. Oh who are we kidding – to munch on RIGHT AWAY. Did I mention that the triple chocolate toffee contains bits coated in white, milk or dark chocolate so it’s like three different types all in one?
Anyways, these granola bars are the perfect back-to-school, afternoon or post-workout snack to get that extra sugar – and chocolate – you need to keep you going for the rest of the day. From this point on, granola bars without Marich premium chocolate pieces will be forever inferior. If you don’t believe me, enter the contest below to see for yourself!
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup agave nectar (honey and maple syrup are also options)
- ¼ almond butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Marich chocolate covered almonds and toffee, chopped
- First line an 8 inch pan with parchment.
- In a bowl, blend together the chopped dates, agave and almond butter. Stir in the cocoa powder and mix to form a paste.
- Add in the salt, oats and Marich chocolate, stirring to combine. If you notice that the mixture is still too sticky, add more oats as needed. If it is too dry, add a couple more chopped dates or a spoonful of almond butter to bring it together.
- Press the mixture into your lined 8" pan. Freeze or refrigerate for about 20 minutes, or until the bars are firm enough to slice. Keep them stored in the fridge if not eaten immediately.
Marich has generously offered to send one lucky reader a selection of free chocolate-covered goodness! Enter to win a free Marich Premium Chocolate Collection Gift Box: