Everyone likes blueberry muffins, almost as much as they do banana chocolate muffins. So combining the two seems like a bit of a no brainer. Banana chocolate blueberry muffins you say? It’s may be a mouthful, but a ridiculously delicious one at that. Complete with not just any blueberries, or any chocolate, but rather Marich chocolate covered blueberries, they’ve got just enough fruit in them to qualify as breakfast, and just enough chocolate to make for a satisfying dessert. That’s all the convincing you need right there.
- 1 cup AP flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup neutral oil (like canola or grapeseed)
- ¾ cup Marich chocolate covered blueberries, roughly chopped
- granola, to garnish (optional)
- Mash up the bananas until there aren't any lumps remaining.
- Stir in the brown sugar and egg, mixing until incorporated.
- Gently fold in the remaining dry ingredients until there are no longer any bits of flour visible. Do not over-mix or you run the risk of the muffins becoming tough and tunnelled.
- Pour the batter into lined muffin cups and sprinkle the tops of granola.
- Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of them comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
**The chocolate used in this recipe was graciously provided by Marich chocolates, however the opinions are my own.